Financial Planning for Your New Family
Becoming a parent will likely be one of your greatest adventures. Besides the excitement, chances are you're nervous about all of the changes and new responsibilities coming your way. As you prepare for your growing family, it's important to consider a few key financial decisions.
What to Expect
You have lots to do before your little one arrives. And it’s not just about cribs, diapers and baby gear.
A To-Do List for New Parents
- Request a Social Security card for your newborn and order a certified birth certificate.
- Update beneficiaries, including 401(k)s, IRAs, insurance policies and trusts.
- Add your child to your health insurance policy and choose a pediatrician who is within your policy’s network to keep your out-of-pocket costs as low as possible.
- Review childcare options in your area well in advance. Newborn care can be costly and often in short supply.
- Create or revise your will to make sure your child and any future children are protected.
We can help you get there
Purpose of Financial Planning
The purpose of a financial plan is to define how your income and assets can provide for a lifetime of happiness. Healthy savings habits, spending discipline and appropriate investments are necessary to meet your goals. But, you need more than just a plan.LEARN MORE about how we can help you with Financial and Retirement Planning.
Ensure the people you love most are taken care of financially, even if you're not there. We'll work with you to determine the amount of coverage and type of policy that will fit your needs.LEARN MORE about our life insurance options.
Paying for College
We understand that you want to do everything you can to help your children succeed. Focus on how you can prepare and save for the college costs you know are coming.LEARN MORE about how to plan for college expenses.
Your Trusted Partner for Life's Biggest Moments
No matter what financial needs you may have, we're here for you. Our experienced advisors work closely with you to build the right path to help you achieve your goals.FIND AN ADVISOR