How to Switch Your Checking Account
Setting up your new checking account is quick with these simple steps.
To get started:
- Provide information on any accounts and automatic payments tied to your old checking account.
- Provide authorizations to other financial institutions and companies where you use automatic payments.
- Determine which accounts you want to transfer, including:
Before you close your account(s):
- Make sure all checks have cleared from your old account.
- Destroy old checks.
- Make sure all debit card/ATM transactions have cleared.
- Destroy all debit card/ATM cards.
- Change all automatic payments to your new account.
- Transfer all direct deposits to your new account.
Switch Services Checklist
Forgetting anything? Download our Switch Services checklist to identify all services that may need your new account information.DOWNLOAD PDF Download the switch service checklist PDF to help you start switching your checking account.
We can also help you with...
Online & Mobile Banking
Manage your money on the go by downloading our mobile banking app. Check account information, transfer money or even deposit checks using your phone's camera.LEARN MORE about online and mobile banking options.
Your Trusted Partner for Life's Biggest Moments
No matter what financial needs you may have, we're here for you. Our experienced advisors work closely with you to build the right path to help you achieve your goals.FIND AN ADVISOR