Medicare supplement insurance fills the gaps between Medicare coverage and your out‐of‐pocket payments for deductibles, coinsurance and copayments.
Why choose a Medicare Advantage Plan?
- Still covered by Medicare
- Provides all of your Part A (hospital) and Part B (medical) coverage
- May include added features including prescription drug coverage
- Costs for services may be lower than the original Medicare
- Managed by private companies
- These plans often have networks, which means you may have to see doctors who belong to the plan or use certain hospitals to receive covered services. Some of the plans will require referrals to see a specialist.