7 Cyber Protections for You and Your Family
2 minute read time
From smart phones to digital personal assistants, we are connected now more than ever. Many of our smart devices, including phones, TVs and even appliances are connected to Wi-Fi, enabling us to access our work at home and vice versa with just a few clicks. While these connections offer many conveniences, they can also introduce additional cyber threats to our day-to-day activities.
To help protect you and your family, Identity Fraud and Cyber Protection coverage may eliminate or reduce financial loss caused by identity fraud or cyber-related events.
Types of Coverage
- Identity Fraud Expense reimburses for expenses incurred as a result of recovering your identity or the identity of a family member.
- Data Recovery and System Restoration coverage reimburses the cost to recover lost data and/or repair your personal devices after a hacking attack.
- Cyber Crime coverage can apply to a variety of criminal activities, such as wire transfer fraud, credit card fraud and phishing attacks.
- Cyber Extortion coverage reimburses in a situation where you - the insured - may, be denied access to a device until a ransom is paid.
- Cyber Bullying coverage provides reimbursement for financial loss caused by online harassment or bullying.
- Data Breach of Others coverage provides reimbursement for necessary costs associated with notifying others if a cyber event causes a breach in the personal information of others.
- Legal Expense and Damages Reimbursement applies if someone claims you may be responsible for the loss of their personal information.
Identity Fraud and Cyber Protection coverage may help cover any financial losses related to:
- Fraudulent charges on your credit or debit card
- Compromised personal information in the event your email or social media account is hacked
- Online cyber bullying or harassment
- Wire fraud scams
- Compromised banking information
Advisors at Johnson Financial Group are here to help you understand coverage options to provide you with peace of mind and protect you and your assets. Contact an advisor today if you have any questions about Identity Fraud and Cyber Protection coverage.
Insurance products are provided by Johnson Insurance Services, LLC. Not FDIC insured, not a deposit, not insured by any federal government agency, not bank guaranteed, may lose value. For your protection, coverage cannot be bound or changed via voicemail and is not effective until confirmed directly with a licensed agent.
Content provided by Acuity Insurance.