DISCLOSURE AND AGREEMENTS FOR ELECTRONIC SERVICES
The terms in this Disclosure and Agreements for Electronic Services (the “Agreement”) govern the use of electronic banking services. The products and services provided by the Bank under this Agreement are collectively referred to as services (“Services”). The Services allow you to move or transfer funds to or from your account electronically. In order for any of the listed Services to be available to you, you must request the Service and, if necessary, the account(s) that will be accessed, and we must approve the Service in connection with the account(s). Your receipt of this Agreement does not mean that the Services are activated for you and you may be required to accept a separate agreement to obtain these Services. Check with the Bank to determine which Services you have requested and for which account(s) you have requested such Services, and which Services we have approved activation for you. The Bank may, at its sole discretion, limit the availability of Services as it deems appropriate. The Bank, at its discretion, may also limit electronic banking services and funds transfers for individuals under the age of eighteen (18). Any terms not defined in this Agreement shall have the meaning assigned to them in the Deposit Account Disclosures and Agreement (“DADA”).
Exclusions. Additional services such as checks, wire transfers, or automatic transfers set up between accounts within the Bank are not covered by this Agreement. These services are subject to the terms and conditions in the DADA and any other disclosures, agreements and schedules that we may provide you from time to time in connection with such services.
References to “you” and “your” refer to each party to the account, and references to “us,” “we,” and “our” refer to the Bank. A “consumer account” means the owner(s) is a natural person and the account is established primarily for personal, family or household purposes. A “business account” includes all accounts other than a consumer account.
BUSINESS DAYS. Our business days are Monday through Friday. Federal holidays are not included. Branches or locations may close on a business day due to emergency conditions or at the Bank’s discretion.
LIST OF SERVICES.
Access Devices. Authorized access devices provide a means of access to your account(s) used to initiate electronic transfers. In this Agreement, unless a provision specifically indicates otherwise, any reference to Cards refers to all Johnson Bank ATM Cards and Johnson Bank Check Cards, and the following provisions apply:
- ATMs, which provide access to your account(s) with us by use of a Card issued by us;
- ATM Cards provide access to your account(s) with us by use at an ATM only;
- Check Cards provide access to your account(s) with us by use at an ATM or access to your checking account by use of a Point-of-Sale terminal (“Terminals”) and through merchants and financial institutions that accept Cards;
- eBanking services provide access to your account(s) and loan account(s) with us, including bill payment, external transfers, and individual person-to-person payments;
- Mobile Banking services, which allow access to your account(s) and loan account(s) registered within eBanking by means of an approved electronic device; and
- Automated 24-hour access telephone service (“Telephone Service”).
Additional Electronic Services.
- ACH services, which allows you to make an electronic deposit or withdrawal from your account(s) through any automated clearing house network; and
- Electronic check conversions, which allows you to authorize a merchant or other payee to make a one-time electronic payment from your checking account using the information from your check to (i) pay for a purchase, or (ii) pay bills.
Services may be added or removed as product offerings and technology changes occur.
PERSONAL SECURITY CODE.
We will issue to you or you will select one or more security codes, login identifiers, and password identifiers, hereinafter known as Personal Security Codes (“PSC”). You may receive more than one PSC, depending on the number of Services you have requested, and the levels of security required in connection with a Service.
You agree not to disclose the PSC to anyone other than those whom you wish to have access to your account(s). If anyone uses your PSC with your permission, you will be responsible for any charges made to your account. You agree to safely keep the PSC, not to record the PSC or otherwise disclose or make the PSC available to anyone other than an authorized user and to use the PSC in accordance with these instructions. We are authorized to provide information relating to your account(s) through the Telephone Service and eBanking Service to anyone accessing the account(s) and using the proper PSC.
Cards (Johnson Bank ATM Cards and Johnson Bank Check Cards). Depending upon the account(s) that you requested and that we approved the use of your Card in connection with, you may use your Card (and PSC when required) to:
- Withdraw cash from your account(s) (including accessing your related line of credit with overdraft protection, if any, if no other funds are available in your account);
- Make deposits to your account(s); and
- Transfer funds between your accounts.
Check Cards. For Cards which constitute Check Cards, you may conduct all of the transactions listed above under Cards plus, pay for purchases from your checking account at places that have agreed to accept the Card in payment (including the receipt of cash back at Terminals that will allow such a transaction).
Some of these Services may not be available at all Terminals.
Telephone Service/Voice Response Unit. Depending upon the account(s) that you requested and that we have approved the use of, you may use the Telephone Service to:
- Transfer available funds between your accounts;
- Transfer funds between your checking account and loan account(s) to make regular payments;
- Receive account information, including the account balance, and identification of your recent transactions;
- Determine the current interest paid to date and the previous year’s interest paid on applicable account(s); and
- Receive information regarding your line(s) of credit, including balance information, and the remaining available credit.
eBanking Service. Depending upon the account(s) that you requested and that we approved the use of, you may use the eBanking Service to:
- Do all of the things that can be done through the Telephone Service;
- Make transfers for additional principal payments to Johnson Bank loan accounts;
- Instruct us to debit your account for payments directed to third parties, including bill payments, transfer funds between certain external account(s) you own and have registered within eBanking, and individual person-to-person payments;
- Access your bank statements; and
- Utilize a personal financial management tool.
Services offered by Johnson Bank may be added or removed at our discretion and/or as technology changes occur.
LIMITATIONS ON TRANSFERS.
- Using a Card and PSC at an ATM, you may make cash withdrawals (by selecting the withdrawal option) of up to $500.00 each day.
- Using a Johnson Bank Check Card and PSC at a point-of-sale Terminal, you may make purchases of goods and services of up to $1,000.00 each day.
- Using a Johnson Bank Check Card and PSC at an ATM (using the cash advance option), or your Johnson Bank Check Card (without the PSC) at a financial institution, you may get cash advance withdrawals of up to $1,500.00 each day (the cash advance option is not available for Johnson Bank Check Cards linked to Health Savings Accounts (HSA)).
- Using a Johnson Bank Check Card (without the PSC), you may make purchases of goods and services of up to $2,500.00 each day from merchants honoring the Johnson Bank Check Card.
- Using the eBanking Service for bill payment, individual transaction and daily (aggregate) payment limits apply. Limits are disclosed in the Agreement to Accept Terms and Conditions for Electronic Banking and Bill Payment which you accepted when registering for eBanking.
- Using the eBanking Service for external transfers, you may instruct us to transfer funds between your linked Johnson Bank account(s) and certain external account(s) you own and have registered within eBanking. Limits are disclosed in the Agreement to Accept Terms and Conditions for Electronic Banking and Bill Payment which you accepted when registering for eBanking.
- Using Mobile Deposit within the Johnson Bank Mobile Banking application, individual deposit limits, daily deposit limits, multi-day limits when applicable, or other limits that exist. Limits are disclosed in the Johnson Bank Mobile Enrollment Terms and Conditions provided when registering for Mobile Banking.
- For security reasons, there are other undisclosed limits on the amount and frequency of transfers you may make using the Services.
We may change these limitations based on current risks and we may make such changes without notice to you. Permanent or temporary transfer and purchase restrictions may be implemented for security reasons.
If you do not maintain the required balances or you exceed the number of allowed transactions (withdrawals, transfers, or purchases, including cash back POS transactions) at no charge in accordance with the activity fees disclosed for your account(s), you will be charged for each transaction.
We will charge you $5.00 for replacing a lost, stolen or damaged Card.
A fee may also be imposed by a Terminal or network if you initiate a transaction from a Terminal that is not operated by us. For a list of Johnson Bank ATM locations, visit www.johnsonfinancialgroup.com/locations or ask your local Johnson Bank representative for a list. A transaction is a transfer, balance inquiry, withdrawal, or any other service offered at the Terminal. You will be notified of any such fee when you use the Terminal.
A fee of $25.00 for overnight check expedited bill payment and/or $5.00 overnight ACH expedited bill payment may be imposed.
There is no charge for the use of our consumer eBanking Services or Mobile Banking Services.
Unauthorized Use of a Card Issued to a Consumer. Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your Card or PSC has been lost or stolen, or if you believe that an electronic funds transfer has been made without your permission using information from your check. Calling us immediately is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit). If you tell us within two business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Card or PSC, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone used your Card or PSC without your permission.
If you do NOT tell us within two business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Card or PSC, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your Card or PSC without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00.
Unauthorized Use of the Telephone Service or eBanking Service Used by a Consumer. If someone uses your eBanking Service or the Telephone Service and your PSC without your permission, you can lose no more than $50.00 if you tell us within two business days. If you do NOT tell us within two business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your PSC, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your PSC without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00.
General. If your statement shows transfers or transactions that you did not make, including those made by or through the use of a Card, Telephone Service, eBanking Service or other means, tell us at once. If you do not tell us about an unauthorized transaction within 60 days of the date we send a periodic statement, you may not get any money you lose after the 60 days if we can prove we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you would have told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we may extend the time periods.
If you believe your PSC or access device has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, contact the Bank at the phone number or address listed at the end of this disclosure.
Any cause of action concerning the eBanking Service under this Agreement must be commenced within one year after such cause of action has accrued.
You should also contact the Bank at the phone number or address listed at the end of this disclosure if you believe a transfer has been made using information from your check without your permission.
The security of your financial information is a priority to us. We are strongly committed to the safety and confidentiality of your records. We encourage you to review our Security Center which can be found on our website at www.johnsonfinancialgroup.com/security-center for helpful information.
Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, you are liable for any and all unauthorized transactions on a business account, including those made by or through the use of a Card, the Telephone Service, or the eBanking Service.
Terminal Transfers. You can get a receipt at the time you make any transfer to or from your account using a Terminal.
Periodic Statements. You will receive a monthly account statement if you have an electronic funds transfer in that month. Your statement will reflect each transaction, purchase, and cash withdrawal charged to your account and each credit applied to your account during the monthly account cycle, and the related fee if any. If there are no electronic transactions in a particular month, you will receive a statement at least quarterly. HSA accounts will receive a statement semi-annually, unless combined with a Johnson Bank checking account.
Our Liability. If we do not complete a transaction to or from your account in accordance with the terms and conditions of the account in the correct amount or in a timely manner when properly instructed to do so by you, we will be liable for damages proximately caused. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
- If through no fault of ours, your account does not contain enough money to execute the transaction.
- If the money in your account is subject to legal process or other encumbrances restricting the transaction.
- If the transaction would exceed the credit limit on your related line of credit account, if any.
- In the case of a technical malfunction known to you at the time you attempt to execute the transaction.
- If circumstances beyond our control (for example, fire, loss of power, or flood) prevent the transfer despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- If a transaction is not initiated in time for us to complete it as agreed, as otherwise provided in our agreements with you, or by federal regulation.
- If a Terminal where you are making a transfer does not have enough cash.
- If incomplete or inaccurate information is forwarded by the US Treasury or through an ACH network.
- For any computer failure or acts or delays by any carrier, agent or other third party operating between us and you, or any other cause beyond our control.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF, ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THESE SERVICES.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION.
We may disclose information about your account(s) or transactions on your account(s): (a) to other recipients of combined account statements; (b) to third parties where it is necessary for completing or tracing transactions or resolving errors or claims; (c) to verify the existence and condition of your account for third parties, such as credit bureaus, merchants and other financial institutions; (d) pursuant to court orders and other legal process; (e) to governmental agencies or authorities in response to subpoenas, summonses, search warrants or other requests, including requests pursuant to state or federal law for the collection of court-ordered child support obligations, unless prohibited by law from making such a disclosure; (f) to others of your consent or where required by law to disclose such information; and (g) to our affiliates.
We may use anonymous, aggregate information, which we collect and store, or which is collected and stored on our behalf by third party vendors, to conduct certain analytical research and help us to create new offerings and services. We may also use anonymous, aggregate information which we collect and store, or which is collected and stored on our behalf by third party vendors, to (1) conduct database marketing and marketing program execution activities; (2) publish summary or aggregate results relating to metrics comprised of research data from time to time; and (3) distribute or license such aggregated research data to third parties. Additionally, automated technology may be used to tailor messages or advertisements that best reflect your interest and needs.
You authorize us to obtain credit information on you at any time prior to our agreement to provide a service or during the time you are using a service.
WITHDRAWALS, PURCHASES, TRANSFERS, CASH ADVANCES.
Each payment instruction, withdrawal or transfer from an account is an order to us to pay from that account, which we may charge against the account even though the charge creates an overdraft. You agree to maintain sufficient funds in your account to pay in full the amount of any withdrawals, transfers or other instructions for payment out of an account. Whenever your account is overdrawn, we have the right to return unpaid any checks or other orders on your account which are presented to us and to assess a service charge of $35.00 for making such return. If you overdraw your account, each of you agrees, jointly and severally, to immediately pay us the overdrawn amount, together with any applicable service charge, and we have the right to charge all or part of the deficiency to any account you may have with us or use any other collection remedy. We are authorized to charge such amounts against any account you maintain with us. If the account is maintained in connection with a line of credit, any overdraft will be made in accordance with the agreement or rules governing that account. You should refer to your line of credit agreement for important information regarding advances of that line of credit.
Any purchase or cash withdrawal made with the Johnson Bank Check Card may be subject to authorization by us or by a VISA authorization center and the transaction may be refused if the amount of all outstanding purchases and cash withdrawals will exceed your available balance or your applicable credit limit.
Each time your Card is properly used to purchase goods or services you authorize us to debit or credit your account (whichever is appropriate) for the total amount electronically transmitted or shown on any sales draft, withdrawal order or credit voucher originated by use of the Card, whether or not signed by you, and we are permitted to handle such sales drafts, orders, and vouchers in the same way we handle checks drawn on your account. The time required to charge or credit your account after you use your Card will depend on the location of the Terminal, the type of transaction and the Card used. VISA card regulations prohibit use of a Card for any illegal transactions.
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENTS THROUGH TERMINALS.
All checks or drafts which we have authorized through a Terminal for deposit or payment are credited subject to collection and the credit will be reversed if the check or draft is not paid. All cash deposits and payments are received subject to verification by us. We need not credit the account for deposits until we actually receive the funds. If a reversal to a deposit account overdraws the account, we may charge all or part of the deficiency to any other account you or anyone authorized to use your Card (including any necessary extension of credit) have with us and you shall pay to us any deficiency which cannot be paid out of such accounts. Any funds deposited to an account shall be deposited by means of transfer from another account, cash or by a completed negotiable instrument payable in U.S. dollars, dated within six months prior to the date of the attempted deposit, drawn by or properly endorsed by the payee and the amount of which is not in excess of any limitations imposed by the Terminal or Terminal operator. We are not liable to you if the transaction is not completed and you have violated any of these provisions.
REFUNDS ON PURCHASES.
If a party accepts your Card in payment of goods or services, and you receive credit for goods returned or adjustments, such party will send us a credit advice. We will apply the credit advice as a deposit to your account. We will not make cash refunds to you on purchases made with your Card. Unless your use of the Card results in a loan from us to you, you must raise any claim or defense with respect to goods or services purchased with your Card directly with the party that honored the Card.
If your Johnson Bank Check Card is used to effect a transaction in a foreign currency, the transaction amount will be converted to U.S. dollars by VISA International. VISA converts foreign currency to U.S. dollars using either the government-mandated exchange rate or the wholesale exchange rate in effect one day before the date of the conversion, as applicable. The exchange rate is increased by one percent (1%) if the conversion is made in connection with a charge to an account or decreased by one percent (1%) if the conversion is made in connection with a credit to an account. The date of conversion by VISA may differ from the purchase date and the posting date identified in the monthly statement of your account. You agree to pay charges and accept credits for the converted transaction amounts in accordance with the terms of this paragraph. In addition, if you use your Johnson Bank Check Card outside the United States for a transaction that does not require a foreign conversion; you may incur a VISA service fee up to 1% of the transaction amount.
The Card and eBanking Service remain our property and shall be surrendered by you upon request. We may terminate your privilege of using the Services at any time and may withhold approval of any transaction at any time, in our sole discretion. If you discontinue use of the eBanking Service you will notify us in writing no less than 10 days prior to the effective date.
We may amend, or supplement this Agreement, our interest rates, our service charges, or our fees from time to time. Such change shall be effective upon notice sent to your current address we have on file, posted in our lobby for a reasonable period of time, a message included on or with the statement for your account, or delivered to you by any other means that we consider appropriate or as otherwise required by law. Your continued use of your account or related service after the effective date of change will be deemed that you are in agreement with the amendment or change.
STOPPING PAYMENT OF PREAUTHORIZED RECURRING TRANSFERS.
- Right to and Procedure for Doing So. If you have told us in advance to make regular payments out of your account, you can stop any of these payments. Here is how: Call us or write us at the Bank (see address and phone number at the end of this disclosure) in time for us to receive your request three (3) business days or more before the payment is scheduled to be made. If you call, we may also require you to put your request in writing and get it to us within 14 days after you call. You will be charged $35.00 for each stop payment order you give. You CANNOT stop payment of or revoke a preauthorized transfer through the eBanking Service.
- Notice of Varying Amounts. If these regular payments may vary in amount, the person you are going to pay will tell you, 10 days before each payment, when it will be made and how much it will be. You may choose instead to get this notice only when the payment would differ by more than a certain amount from the previous payment, or when the amount would fall outside certain limits that you set.
- Liability for Failure to Stop Payment. If you order us to stop one of these payments 3 business days or more before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages; however, we may be able to enforce someone else’s rights against you for the payment.
In the event of a dispute or Claim regarding a Service, you and we agree to resolve the dispute in accordance with the arbitration provision in the DADA. You agree that these terms and conditions are the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between you and us which supersede any proposal or prior agreement, oral or written, and any other communication between you and us relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions. If there is a conflict between what one of our employees says and this Agreement, this Agreement shall control.
This Agreement incorporates by this reference all other agreements between us and you relating to your account(s), including the DADA. To the extent of any inconsistency, this Agreement shall govern and prevail.
AGREEMENTS RELATING ONLY TO EBANKING SERVICES.
Bill Payment Instructions. For the bill payment service, you agree to choose a payment date, not less than 5 business days before the actual due date without taking into account any grace period and subject to United States postal delivery. You agree to provide correct payee name, address, account information and payment amount. Each time you create an instruction for payment, you authorize us to debit your account for the total amount transmitted. You agree to maintain sufficient funds in the account on the transaction payment date requested to pay in full the amount of the transaction. The eBanking Service may not be used to transmit alimony, child support or other court-directed payments or tax payments and the eBanking Service may refuse to pay any other person or entity to whom you direct a payment. You will receive notification of any such refusal.
eBanking Bill Payment Authorization.
- You authorize Johnson Bank or its authorized agent to make payments to payees as you authorize by the eBanking Service from time to time and authorize Johnson Bank to post such payments to your account.
- You understand that Johnson Bank or its authorized agent will use reasonable efforts to ensure payments reach payees on time but cannot guarantee the time a payment will be posted by a payee. Johnson Bank or its authorized agent will use reasonable effort in ensuring payees reverse any service fee or late charge that is related to a payment processing error. Johnson Bank or its authorized agent will not be responsible for any loss or penalty that may be incurred due to lack of sufficient funds or other conditions that may prevent the withdrawal of funds from your account.
Prohibited Use of eBanking Service. You agree that the following uses of the eBanking Service are strictly prohibited. You agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend us from and against any and all claims, actions, suits, judgments and expenses (including court costs and reasonable fees of attorneys, accountants and expert witnesses) at your sole expense, arising from your failure to abide by these restrictions on use of the eBanking Service.
- Use of the eBanking Service for wire transfers of funds.
- Unauthorized communication of any charge or credit card information belonging to any other person or entity.
- Unauthorized communication of any information concerning any PSC, password or other online access number, code or identification or any other proprietary information belonging to any other person or entity.
- Use of the eBanking Service to copy or to distribute or transmit copies of copyrighted materials belonging to any other person or entity is permitted only to the extent that the owner has provided express permission to you permitting such activity. Copying or distributing or transmitting copyrighted materials other than with permission as specified above is expressly prohibited.
- Communicating any obscene or defamatory information including but not limited to on bulletin boards or in conjunction with conferences or email.
- Use of the eBanking Service in violation of any telecommunication, postal, or other local laws or regulations of your country of origin or of the United States or in furtherance or in the commission of any crime or other unlawful or improper purpose.
You further agree:
- Transmission of confidential business and sensitive personal information is at your risk.
- We reserve the right to monitor and review transmissions online and in storage, and to remove or reject any material which we, at our sole discretion, believe may be unlawful or objectionable, without prior notice to you.
EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES.
WE AND OUR SUPPLIERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE EBANKING SERVICE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NEITHER WE NOR OUR SUPPLIERS NOR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION OR DELIVERY OF THE ONLINE BANKING SERVICE ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITIES WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF THE EBANKING SERVICE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY US OR OUR SUPPLIERS OR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY, AND YOU MAY NOT RELY ON ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR ADVICE.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THE EBANKING SERVICE. SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS IMPOSED BY LAW FOR CONSUMER ACCOUNTS, IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE OR FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, DEFAMATION, AND/OR PRIVACY ACTIONS), EXCEED THE GREATER OF (1) YOUR INVOICE VALUE OF THE EBANKING SERVICES USAGE FOR THE MONTH DURING WHICH THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUED, OR (2) ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS (U.S. $100). THE FOREGOING CONSTITUTES OUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY TO YOU WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF THE EBANKING SERVICE.
In Case of Errors or Questions about Your Electronic Transfers, contact us as soon as you can if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. Contact information is stated below:
Telephone us at:
Or Write us at:
P.O. Box 547
Racine, WI 53401
For consumer accounts: We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number (if any).
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account.
For errors involving new accounts, point-of-sale, or foreign-initiated transactions, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. For new accounts, we may take up to 20 business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error.
We will tell you the results within three (3) business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation.
You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
For business accounts: Our practice does not follow the procedures described above, and we are not legally required to do so. For example, we are not required to give provisional credit, or to finalize the claim during the periods stated above. We require you to notify us no later than 10 days after we sent you the first statement on which the error appeared. We may require you to provide us with a written statement that the disputed transaction was unauthorized.